Old October 10th 14, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default A cheap wind-up and tilt-over tower?

rickman wrote in :

Yeah, no doubt. I put up an antenna tower once on a job. It was just a
TV antenna some 15 or so feet above the house, but that tower was pretty
solid. It could be climbed without any trouble... once it was guyed.
But I do recall it was an expensive tower compared to the usual pole
sticking up from the chimney.

I just thought it worth mentioning that I'd not think of applying my method
in the other post in this case. Too much wind resistance in a TV antenna, not
to mention critical directional stability... Got to use a rigid mount as you
did for that.