Old October 10th 14, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Radiation from antennae - a new philosophy

wrote in :

It comes from the energy of the photon and the energy of the photon
comes from whatever created the photon.

Exactly so. THis is what I meant when I said that my small attepts to grasp
laser physics showed me that rise/fall times were entirely based on the
material properties of the laser (having mass), not of the photons it makes.
In fact, I remember a specific laser enthusiast saying that laser light is
just 'well trained', and that apart from that there is nothign special about
it that cannot be described by 'normal' optical theory.