Old October 11th 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Short Antennae

wrote in news:c2f6c44c-8f80-4799-88d6-
:

Lack of balance is what will cause problems. It can skew the pattern
a bit, and the nulls won't be as deep. But how you wind the coil
won't effect balance too much as long as everything is symmetrical
and no feedline issues.

Thanks. When I eventually do this it will be with as much accuracy as I can
easily muster. It's one reason I haven't tried it yet. Precision for good
nulls is a point not lost on me, though I usually find it in electronics or
sound synthesis..

That other thing, the kite reel longwire, ended up more awkward too. It's
great, but messing with fibreglass and resin to insuklate the reel and some
other details took more time than I thought. Worth it though, it has a well-
mounted ICE 183A matching transformer on it, and I'll adapt it to a mount
with a few tent poles and a single guy wire. I really like the idea of being
able to install a mile long Bevarage antenna in little more time than it
takes to run said mile. Once I have exhauseted that wheeze I'll try the
loop. Unless winter starts to force my hand first..

That was so off-topic I'll stop right there.