Old July 31st 03, 07:08 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

The training CD's aren't bad for practicing the code if you know the code
and just want to get better. The real situation is that a person needs to
still learn the code in the beginning. It would the same as if I was
listening to Chinese language and didn't know a word of the Chinese language
versus knowing the language on a basic level and listening to Radio China or
something like that......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
C wrote:
No I am not doing a memorizing of each dit and dah and converting
method. My problem is my brain does not react fast enough to decide what
each character is before the next one is sent. I just get further
behind. I practice at least 20 to 30 minutes usually twice a day if not
more. I use computer programs and ARRL training CDs.

I will check "The Art and Skill of Radiotelegraphy". Thanks for the
encouragement.

Ahh, that training CD! I used it, and failed miserably at it. Turns out
I memorized the darn thing. You might try a program that sends out
random groups or even makes up QSO's.

- Mike KB3EIA -