Old October 12th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

Lostgallifreyan wrote:
wrote in :

Yep, and once the issue of size versus efficieny is put to rest, it would
not be a bad idea to look at the real effects of ground, both in terms
of height in wavelengths and soil quality.

Thankyou. This is the bit I am most weak on (though I did not grasp all the
previous detail, the ground loss was an issue not lost on me, and is the
one I need most to solve in my next efforts). What is this NEC program, and
where can I find it? Sorry, but I have to ask, or Google will likely flood me
with Nippon Electric Company details.

Look at this for an overview of NEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeric...magnetics_Code

At the bottom under External links you will find both free and commercial
implementations.

EZNEC by W7EL is popular among hams and has a free demo version that is
fully functional but limited in how complex a model you can generate.

NEC itself just crunches and produces numbers, but there are several
versions, including EZNEC, which have graphical interfaces to make
it easier to build the model and view the results.

I've used EZNEC+ for years.

--
Jim Pennino