Old October 12th 14, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
HM Dickson HM Dickson is offline

Default Running Swan at low power

I have an old 500 Swan that has been sitting a while. Pulled it out and find it blowing fuses. I can probably get it back up with a cap job and resistors but have no idea about the tubes. Were working 10 years ago when it was parked.

My question though is how to use this old piece QRP. Can I disable the finals and somehow run off the driver? What circuits to set output impediance and filter? What changes in tuning up? What about in CW mode?

I know very few would consider using a boat anchor for QRP but I need watching anyway I love the feel of the knobs and the tube audio.

If you got any thoughts, let me know.

73 AE4YW Mitch