Old October 12th 14, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

Lostgallifreyan wrote:
wrote in :

I doubt you will see any significant difference.

I've done a lot of modeling with V's and inverted V's. Except for a slight
diffenence due to ground effects at low heights, there is no difference
between them.

Fair enough. I've seen antennas loaded down with feedline but given that V
forms are used well, the slight V in those cases, let alone some sag, might
not be a concern for me. My main interest came out of my wish to try a
befavare antenna I can install almost as fast as I can run the distance. That
one would have no support over at least a half mile, and I don't yet know
whether it will be mechanically sound till I finish designing and making it.

A half mile is a long distance.

I hope you have the equations for the sag and tension on the wire at hand
and run through them first.

As I recall, both charts and calculators can be found on the 'net.

--
Jim Pennino