Old October 12th 14, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

wrote in :

These guys did an actual study.

Too late for me to read much now (or post more for some time). Severe
eyestrain, hence the typos that creep in...

What I did see straight away was the mention of ferromagnetism, and I knew
that this was public enemy number one in a antenna wire. One thing I know
about stainless steel: if is isn't very austenitic, a bit of bending or
stretching will make it more magnetic fairly easily, but the bit I tested so
far will not cause a gently suspecned NdFeB magnet to deviate at all from
position so I think it will withstand a further test or two yet before I
assume it's a dud.