Old October 12th 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default RFD for new UK amateur radio group

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1410121350420.25582@darkstar. example.org...
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Hello .misc, .antenna and .homebrew! I've been watching with a degree of
sadness these last few days as Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has poured buckets
of idiocy into .antenna. He's a notorious and pernicious troll with going
on for a two decade history of troublemaking on Usenet, primarily in
uk.radio.amateur but there have been many groups that he's upset over the
years, all in the archives.

Whatever he does in the UK newsgroup, we don't see it unless there is
crossposting. He posts, and half the replies are about his trolling
(which may or may not exist), and the only reason we see that junk is
because he's crossposting.

I have never trolled in 20 years of contributing to usenet. I am an original
thinker and those who do not understand my opinions and take offence
at them assume that they must be trolled.

An example of this may be seen in rec.radio.amateur.antenna
contemporaneously
where after some musing, I thought that perhaps the varying behaviour of
short and long antennae might in some way be as the result of a limitation
of
the transport medium, and I posited a thread on that subject, only to find
that
no-one understood what I was suggesting and most launched into replaying
their mental tape recorders about what they thought they knew about
short antennae, in many cases resorting to infantile outbursts.

For many years, I have spoken about the decline in standards of amateur
radio in the UK, especially as that represented by licences that are
targetted
at and obtained by 5-year-olds, and have criticised those the cadre of grown
men
who hold such licences targetted at the 5-year-old, but there has never been
any intention on my part to insult anybody, for it is the licence class and
the degeneration to which I am strongly opposed.

In addition, I have spoken out strongly against the habitual gratuitous
abuse
by some people, of which STC is a main culprit.

We were having a fine technical discussion in rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
when you saw fit to cross-post this, and so instead of that technical
discussion, suddenly the posts are about this. You've just made a mess of
the newsgroup, the thing you claim to want to fix.

STC does that to all the NG that he pollutes, and yes, you are correct in
that
he speaks out against his perceived cesspit in ura but he is the main
generator
of the abusive effluent that makes if a cesspit.

So don't think that a moderated newsgroup will save the day. It hasn't.

Especially as the other main contributor of effluent into ura is M3OSN who
is
already a moderator of the Yahoo group RSCBTech yet bizarrely posts to
ura and to this NG with posts that simply would not pass moderation.