Old October 13th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default RFD for new UK amateur radio group

"gareth" wrote in message ...

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1410121350420.25582@darkstar. example.org...
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Hello .misc, .antenna and .homebrew! I've been watching with a degree of
sadness these last few days as Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has poured buckets
of idiocy into .antenna. He's a notorious and pernicious troll with going
on for a two decade history of troublemaking on Usenet, primarily in
uk.radio.amateur but there have been many groups that he's upset over the
years, all in the archives.

Whatever he does in the UK newsgroup, we don't see it unless there is
crossposting. He posts, and half the replies are about his trolling
(which may or may not exist), and the only reason we see that junk is
because he's crossposting.

@ I have never trolled in 20 years of contributing to usenet. I am an
original
@ thinker and those who do not understand my opinions and take offence
@ at them assume that they must be trolled.

@ An example of this may be seen in rec.radio.amateur.antenna
@ contemporaneously
@ where after some musing, I thought that perhaps the varying behaviour of
@ short and long antennae might in some way be as the result of a limitation
@ of
@ the transport medium, and I posited a thread on that subject, only to find
@ that
@ no-one understood what I was suggesting and most launched into replaying
@ their mental tape recorders about what they thought they knew about
@ short antennae, in many cases resorting to infantile outbursts.

Your theory about transport medium led to an incorrect characterization of
short vs long dipoles.
So, it's hard to take your theory seriously.