Old October 14th 14, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Barry OGrady[_3_] Barry OGrady[_3_] is offline

Default Running Swan at low power

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:43:33 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

On 10/13/2014 7:45 PM, Channel Jumper wrote:

What do you call this 13th month?

Thats the worst advice I have ever heard.
The fuse is there to protect the radio.
INcreaSiNG THE fuse size only creates more problems.
The capacitors are there for a purpose also.

When resurrecting old radios it is very important to bring the power up
slowly with a Variac.
Because you did not do that, you are screwed.

I doubt if just putting fuses into it, along with capacitors is going to
solve the problem.

Swans were a POS even when they were new.

Your best bet is to shine it up real nice and use it as a conversation
piece.

He's just a troll and has been effectively kicked out of numerous
newsgroups. He's not even a ham. So his "advice" is about normal for
his IQ.

I'm glad you are not talking about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unlike most hams I do not put nails in the fuseholder.

--
Biologists agree that descent with modification is one of the most reliably
established facts in science. Discoveries in evolutionary biology have made