Old October 14th 14, 07:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default The catenary effect

wrote in :

Lostgallifreyan wrote:
wrote in news
EZNEC will generate loops with whatever number of sides you want and
thus it is fairly easy to see when increasing the number of sides
gives diminishing returns in the difference between the loops.

Precisely so. Let me guess, at around 24 segments for a circle, it gets
pretty good?

A quick run of a 4, 8, and 16 sided loop shows:

gain impedance
3.07 126
3.34 136
3.41 139

So it appears that by 8 sides you are already pretty close.

Excellent. I thought the count would be very low. I sort of intuited it
partly based on what people have said about radial counts for good effect in
a ground. A bit of a reach, but the proportionality felt similar to me.