Old October 14th 14, 07:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default The catenary effect

wrote in :

I imagine the simplest way (the way I'd do it if I was coding EZNEC
myself (as if I could!)), I'd allow the user to set the segment count
not by direct number, but by limiting angle to dictate segment length
before generating a new segment automatically, that way ANY curve will
be met with an appropriate array of segemnts, and changing the angle
changes count, process time, accuracy...

There is an add on for EZNEC call AutoEZ that basically allows you to
define an antenna using an Excel spreadsheet.

Which means you can define an antenna in terms of equations and/or
variables.

See:

http://ac6la.com/autoez.html

John S just posted about that too. I don't run Excel though. I use GScalc,
hopefully there's enough comptibility there.. Failing that, if we can write
things to plug into EZNEC the way Ruby scripting extends Sketchup, that can
work.