Old October 15th 14, 08:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default NEC

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:35:05 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 14/10/2014 08:08, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Sal M. O'Nella salmonella@
food_poisoning.org escribió:

Nobody says "didactification."

Nobody normal, anyway.

"gareth" (Gareth Alun Evans) likes to bandy about long words in an
attempt to make himself look learned and erudite, when in reality it
just marks him out as a pompous old fool.

Stop indulging in ridiculisation and tomfoolerification and get back on
track.
Expansionification of the vocabulary by extendificationalisers is
entirely valid.
Andy

I'm not sure if RF exposure causes brain cancer, but RF certainly
seems to be involved in the current increase in
hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian verbage, cancer of the vocabulary, and
buzzword hypertrophy epidemics. Please make an effort to avoid such
sesquipedalian words.[1]

I have the opposite problem. In the 1960's, as part of a teacher
preparation and indoctrination program, I was required to reduce my
vocabulary to something suitable for a 10 year old. That was about
1500 words. I don't think I ever fully recovered from the ordeal.
See radio run, run radio run.

Ever notice that antenna designers have fairly short last names?
Moxon, Yagi-Uda, Vivaldi, Gray-Hoverman, Marconi, Hertz, etc. Those
with longer names often use their shorter ham radio call signs. I'm
not sure why the short names, but the effect suggests that there will
never be a Liebermann antenna named after me. Bummer.

[1] Spoilers:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sesquipedalian
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian

--