Old October 15th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default The catenary effect

wrote in :

I just don't see the issue with a catenary.

The equation for a catenary is y = a * cosh (x / a).

All spreadsheets have a hyperbolic cosine function and can produce graphs.

Fair point. I dare so it's native to math.c too, though I haven't looked.. I
just figure than if it were not ready at hand, a parabola might be. Judging
by the small number of segments needed to converge pretty well, I'd not worry
about the different between catenary or parabola, but reach for whichever
came easiest at the time.