Old October 15th 14, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

Ralph Mowery wrote:

wrote in message
David wrote:
It is irrelevant.

I could post copies of my amateur license, old First Class license,
FAA avioncs repairmans's certificate, BSEE, resume, and professional
references and it would make no difference to Jerry Stuckle's attitude.

While he seems to think such things are important, I am only impressed
with data.

Most license are not worth very much. I had the first class phone when I
was 22years old and had never worked on a comercial station. Probably would
not know what to have done with a TV station at all.

I never worked at any broadcast station but I got the first class a couple
of months before my Army discharge in the hopes that it would help me
get a decent part time job when I went back to school.

It did and while a second class would have been good enough for the job,
the fact that I had a first clinched the deal.

I have some refrigeration licenses that let me work with the coolant , but
know very little about that. Had to get them for where I worked,but the
mechanics did most of the work with the refrigerant and all I did was
theelectrical part.

We had a Professional Engineer (on paper anyway) where I worked ,and all he
did was make a good office boy and was able to sign off on the work. I
designed and installed lots of things and all he did was to take my hand
drawn prints to the drafting department and the girl up there would send
them back with him to make sure she put on paper what I ment for it to be.

There was a PE at one place I worked, the bottom line to which is that I
had to write an extensive SOP with mandatory design reviews for the
department to keep his hair brained ideas in check.

The straw that broke the camel's back was a thing that had built in self
test, which was OK, but there was also self test for the self test, and
self test for the self test for the self test...

--
Jim Pennino