Old October 15th 14, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

On 10/15/2014 2:16 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message
David wrote:
It is irrelevant.

I could post copies of my amateur license, old First Class license,
FAA avioncs repairmans's certificate, BSEE, resume, and professional
references and it would make no difference to Jerry Stuckle's attitude.

While he seems to think such things are important, I am only impressed
with data.

Most license are not worth very much. I had the first class phone when I
was 22years old and had never worked on a comercial station. Probably would
not know what to have done with a TV station at all.
I have some refrigeration licenses that let me work with the coolant , but
know very little about that. Had to get them for where I worked,but the
mechanics did most of the work with the refrigerant and all I did was
theelectrical part.

Interesting. I got my First Class at 18, and at 19 I was chief engineer
at the campus radio station. Sure, only 10W FM (and carrier current AM
to the dorms). By 25 I had worked at three other stations part time.

Didn't get my Extra until I was 19 - that two year waiting period got
me. But probably a good thing - I found the Extra test to be harder
than either First or Second phone.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address