Old October 17th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default The catenary effect

"Brian Howie" wrote in message
I did a simple sagging 40m dipole on MMANA using the wire editor with

9 wires. I had a 3m sag in the middle . I ran the optimiser for best
match. The impedance worked out at 69 ohm and the gain was 2.06dBi. The
model reported a lobe elevation of about 8 degrees. There was a
vertically polarised component at 90 degrees to the horizontal lobe
at -15dBi.

I know you did that for an example, but 3 meters of sag for a 40 meter
dipole is a lot of sag. I bet the ends were close together.
About 1 meter of sag would be more like it.

---