Old October 18th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Percy Picacity Percy Picacity is offline

Default Radiation from antennae - a new philosophy

On 2014-10-18 14:19:53 +0000, Brian Reay said:

On 18/10/14 14:34, Percy Picacity wrote:

All very true, and commonplace to most of us, but doesn't address the
question as to *why* the short antenna has such inconvenient properties.

Really?

Why not think about what you need to change in the above to change things.

Then, in the physical world, what you would need to change to realise
those changes.

All quite logical then.

I don't think you have said a great deal there; anyone got any
suggestions? I am prepared to accept that there may not be any useful
analogy for what is going on in the maths governing the behaviour of
radiators, but does anyone think there is a simple way to explain it?
I suspect this is really what Gareth was trying to describe in his
original post but I don't think that explains it to me.

--

Percy Picacity