Old October 18th 14, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default Unkinking Coax

On 10/18/2014 9:28 AM, Irv Finkleman VE6BP wrote:
I have a length of rg-58/u which was rolled up and when unrolled has
revealed some kinks. Has anyone any idea on how to smooth things out
again. It shows good on my analyzer, and I'm not worried about a bit
of migration which may have taken place. A bit of loss is of no real
concern to me. Someone suggested letting it rest in a tub of hot water
for a while, but that is the only suggestion so far.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Irv VE6BP

My first suggestion is to lay it in the midday sun an allow it to warm
for an hour or more. Then uncoil it and allow it to relax a bit longer.

My garden hose responds to that treatment.

Good luck.

John