Old October 18th 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steve Steve is offline

Default Unkinking Coax

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:41:24 +0100, gareth wrote:

"Irv Finkleman VE6BP" wrote in message
I have a length of rg-58/u which was rolled up and when unrolled has
revealed some kinks. Has anyone any idea on how to smooth things out
again. It shows good on my analyzer, and I'm not worried about a bit
of migration which may have taken place. A bit of loss is of no real
concern to me. Someone suggested letting it rest in a tub of hot water
for a while, but that is the only suggestion so far.

Go up to the kink, and treating it as though it is still rolled around
the former, unroll it.

Once unrolled as to unwind any kink, stretch the length of coax between
two supports for a few days and allow the sag to stretch the coax back.