Old October 23rd 14, 08:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default The inefficiency of short antennae compared to long antennae, as previously discussed.

In message ,
writes
Brian Morrison wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:29:29 -0000
wrote:

Just where has Fitzpatrick revised anything in EM theories?

I think the OP meant 'revision' as in material used to revise for an
exam or test. He didn't mean that the theory was changed.

It is a UK vs US English thing I find with a little research. No one
this side of the pond uses the third definition.

It would also help if the original OP didn't write like he was being
payed by the word.

revise

1. to amend or alter

2. to alter something already written or printed, in order to make
corrections, improve, or update

3. British. to review (previously studied materials) in preparation
for an examination.

I'm surprised that the #3 "revise" - literally meaning "to re-see", ie
"to look at again" - is peculiar to British English. Is this one for
alt.english.usage and /or alt.usage.english?

--
Ian