Old August 8th 03, 12:04 AM
Mark V. Russo

I was just stating using a ham radio what ever the power level is not legal
on FRS.
73

"Dr. Anton Squeegee" wrote:

In article , Mark V. Russo says...

Power has nothing really to do with it to make it legal.

I beg to differ. FRS is, by FCC regulation, limited to a maximum
of 500mW ERP, and an antenna that is fixed/non-modifiable. Any
transmitter above that power level on FRS frequencies is very much
illegal.

Any ham radio is not FCC type accepted to transmit on FRS.

As I found out later after reading the FRS page at the FCC. I had
neglected to mention it before because I was unaware of it.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)