Old October 27th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default Not being one to score points

Not being one to score points either technically or emotionally, and
always interested in technical discussion, and always prepared to
admit being wrong (when someone illustrates it, rather than just replaying
one of their tape recordings about something completely irrelevant),
there is one thing about the derived formula that shows short antennae to
be poor radiators, and that is that the published physics formulae use as
a basis, the distance of charge movement in proportion to the wavelength,
whereas, as we all know, no charge moves more than just a gnat's cock at
the power levels that we humans are capable of generating and never offer
distances commensurate with even a fraction of a wavelength.