Old October 27th 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Myths and Legends of Antennae

wrote in :

You do understand that a log periodic is a series of 1/2 wavelength dipoles
from the lowest to highest frequency of interest?

I do now. Point taken, this is not a portable thing... I looked very
briefly last night before sleep, my (wrong) assumption was that the elements
were basically directors using a log scale to compress the effective result
into a smaller space... I didn't realise that each was a separate normal
sized 1.2 wave dipole.