Old October 28th 14, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default short antennae

I have stated my view that short antenna are poor radiatiors based
upon a number of physics and electromagnetics text books in
my possession.

Some have chosen to disagree, and repeatedly so, but their
case is weakened because they produce no evidence and seem
to want to rely on aggressive and abusive remarks in order
to win the day. (I have no interest in winning the day, only in
knowing the truth, which for me at the moment is that short
antennae are poor radiators, and I have no need to resort to
abuse to state that viewpoint)

One is reminded of the religions of the world, firstly Christianity
and latterly Islam that rely on violence to put their message across,
but that reliance is surely an indication that their messages are false,
for, if true, the message would stand up for itself.

If you wanted everybody to profess falsehood, such as saying that 1 + 1 = 3,
or that short antennae are as good radiatiors as long antennae, then you
could only hope to get that message across by the propaganda of abuse,
which is regrettably what we are seeing in this NG, by a number of people
who,
although they might now be wearing long trousers, have minds that are
still wearing nappies / diapers.