Old October 29th 14, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
rickman rickman is offline

Default Loop Antenna at ~60 kHz

On 10/29/2014 7:05 AM, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
rickman wrote in :

The entire power
budget is a couple hundred microwatts.

There's a tiny Texas Instruments one that might do it, very cheap too.
TLV2341, uses as little as 17ľA single rail supply at up to 8V. I didn't use
it because it wasn't fast enough for what I bought it for, but it might be
worth trying for MSF signals.

GBW is only 0.79 MHz @ 3V Vdd, so I could only get a gain of... well not
much at 60 kHz. For an opamp to work as an opamp it needs to have
significant gain over the BW in use. I suppose I could use it open
loop, but then it would act as a low pass filter with a high gain and a
very low corner frequency.

--

Rick