Old October 29th 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman VE6BP Irv Finkleman VE6BP is offline

Default Short antennae, et al

Turdey. wrote:
"gareth" Wrote in message:
I get the impression that I am trying to maintain a discussion
with some whose knowledge and understanding is way below the
level at which I am discussing, and that it is their limited grasp
of technical matters that results in their infantile outbursts when
the shaky premises of their (almost religious) beliefs are
threatened.

As we all now have at our fingertips undreamed-of computer power than
that existing when LLL first developed their NEC, perhaps the way forward
for those with a genuine technical interest, (not CB-types with
their off-the-shelf rigs) to produce their own piece-wise approximation
software to rival EZ-NEC. (But I doubt that those who fire off abusive
remarks would have such a capability)

I think it far more likely, big G, that you are trying to maintain
a discussion with someone who has you kill filed, as
I imagine
most in this group do by now.

I haven't kill filed him yet -- I'm trying to think of a nice way to
tell him to F--- Off! first!

If he was just ignorant, we could fix things by educating him, but he is
obviously stupid which cannot be fixed.

Irv VE6BP