Old October 30th 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default 2nd RFD for moderated UK amateur radio group

On 10/30/2014 11:03 AM, Spike wrote:
On 30/10/14 14:23, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/30/2014 10:04 AM, Spike wrote:

It would not be unreasonable to point out that Molly Mockford, a member
of the UK Usenet managing committee but speaking for herself, said this
during the discussion in uk.net.news.config:

"Canvassing in *irrelevant* forums would still be frowned upon; but you
cannot canvass unless there is a vote, and we are nowhere near that
stage yet. Re-posting a ballot form anywhere at all was strictly
forbidden, but these days nobody could possibly cast a vote using such a
re-posted ballot form as the system would not permit it. Alerting
people who have a clear and relevant interest to an ongoing discussion
is the natural and appropriate thing to do"

It is difficult to see from where the members of this group would find a
'clear and relevant interest'.

There are a lot of us reading these newsgroups - and are interested in a
moderated group.

You already have one, so why don't you go and use it? It's merely a
blogfest at the moment.

Of course, you don't point out how much you are railing AGAINST the RFD
and are doing your best to quash it.

I haven't seen any cogent arguments for it, and the lack of support has
doubtless led to this inappropriate thread being started,

No, you haven't seen what you think are any cogent arguments for it
because you just don't want the group. So, rather than let the hams
have the moderated group we want, you try to quash it.

And then you try to dissuade people in other groups from even discussing
it or calling attention to it, without telling people you're against it.
So much for any credibility you might have ever had.

As to other moderated newsgroups - completely immaterial to the RFD.
But that again is something you refuse to recognize.

Now please top polluting our newsgroups with your tripe.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address