Old October 30th 14, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default The way forward?

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014, wrote:

Wymsey wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:14:07 +0000, jimp wrote:

How many HAMS have any need for a flexible circuit board?

We'll never know if we don't explore things.

The same could be said for silver plated, titanium antenna parts...

I can see more use for a flexible board.

And certainly in the old days, you'd get your silver plated titanium
antenna parts from surplus.

I remember a Bill Turner filler in "73". Someone had suggested using
large enough gauge copper wire as replacement for tips in Weller soldering
guns, something I've done for around forty years. Someone else suggested
silver plating the copper, for longer life. Bill Turner's short bit was
"get an SCR-522 and use the plate coils from that" (I think it was the
SCR-522). The plate coil was thick copper coil that had been silver
plated. A source common enough that it could be suggested.

Michael