Old November 2nd 14, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default Lamentable ignorance over in Yankland?

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 02/11/2014 20:15, wrote:
You do understand that an electric field, a magnetic field, and an
electromagnetic field are three different things?

That is part of the problem, he doesn't seem to.

There's no evidence of that, for static fields have never been
part of the discussion, and changing fields of either sort will
generate retarded changing fields of the other sort.

Why do you always have this compulsion to make things personal?
Why do you behave like that?

Oh, he will claim otherwise but I am sure you are correct.

Why do you always have this compulsion to make things personal?
Why do you behave like that?

He seems to think that Maxwell's Equations have a wider application than
they do,

Maxwell's Equations describe all electrical phenomena, for both static
and dynamic fields, both in vacuo and in media.

not the first time he has had issues with Maxwell, if memory serves.

Why do you always have this compulsion to make things personal?
Why do you behave like that?

Expect abuse from him if you try to educate him, it is a thankless task.

That has never happened, although it is a much repeated mantra of yours
and actually is abuse from you.

You need to accept that disagreeing with me on a technical point is NOT
educating me, especially when you are so wrong, as above.

Given his attitude, it is no surprise he has failed to learn
much over the years.