Old November 5th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Write Off

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:19:18 PM UTC-6, Irv Finkleman VE6BP wrote:
rickman wrote:

(snipped for brevity)

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

Well, if he is mentally ill, then by all means let's insult and make fun
of him.

He may just have been sitting to close to radiating feedlines!
Sometimes I wonder if that is what is happening to me! :-)

Irv VE6BP

I've felt the effects of RF when sitting in my car, and having the
antenna behind me on the trunk. That was when I was using a Chevy
Monte Carlo.. And I tested it several times just to make sure it
was not my imagination. I was also running CW, which of course is
pretty steady power when actually transmitting.
The effect was an uneasy feeling that is hard to describe.
I'd feel it after transmitting a while, and it would go away if
I quit.. Very weird, but I'm convinced it was not my imagination.
I think that was on 80m if I remember right.