Old November 6th 14, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default A short 160M antenna

On 11/5/2014 7:28 PM, wrote:
I started to do some modeling on a short antenna for 160M and got what
I think are interesting results.

I will post those as soon as I get a chance to write up all the data.

All this stuff for short antenna is in the context of transmissions,
right? For receiving a short antenna is at a disadvantage, no? I seem
to recall a parameter called "effective height". For loop antenna it
pertains to the signal collected irrespective of the actual dimensions
of the loop. For other types of antenna I assume this is not the same
and does relate directly to the length of the antenna. Is that correct?

--

Rick