Old November 6th 14, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default A short 160M antenna

rickman wrote:
On 11/5/2014 7:28 PM, wrote:
I started to do some modeling on a short antenna for 160M and got what
I think are interesting results.

I will post those as soon as I get a chance to write up all the data.

All this stuff for short antenna is in the context of transmissions,
right? For receiving a short antenna is at a disadvantage, no? I seem
to recall a parameter called "effective height". For loop antenna it
pertains to the signal collected irrespective of the actual dimensions
of the loop. For other types of antenna I assume this is not the same
and does relate directly to the length of the antenna. Is that correct?

All antennas made of linear material are reciprocal in all properties.

The only antennas I know of that include non-linear material are some
microwave antennas with ferrite components.

Generally effective height is the height of the antenna's center of
radiation above the ground.

The effective height of an antenna multiplied by the incident electric
field strength gives the terminal voltage at the antenna feed.

--
Jim Pennino