Old August 13th 03, 04:22 AM
Jim Hampton

No, Mopar, the VEs charge. It used to be free at the FCC, but, for me at
least, that meant a 60 mile trip (120 miles round trip) to the FCC in
Buffalo, NY, and one minute of perfect copy at 20 words per minute. When I
had dropped my tickets and decided to retest in 1993, I believe it was under
$6.00 for the session. That was 20 words per minute, but multiple guess.
Now it is 5 words per minute, but the testing charge is considerably higher
(don't ask me, I don't know. I simply showed up for the tests in '93. You
don't have to score 100%). So, while someone may pay for the exam, that 120
mile round trip savings is worth something. Don't worry too much though. I
hear the FCC is going to try to package the licenses in boxes of Cracker
Jax.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

wrote in message
West Coast Radio wrote:
Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had to
pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Heads up. This guy is your next extra class. dit dat..

--
GO# 40

---