Old November 7th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Write Off

On Friday, November 7, 2014 2:11:58 PM UTC-6, Lostgallifreyan wrote:

Several seem to be ok
with raw net access, not so hot for web hosting.

I guess it depends how much room for a website you need.
Comcast is fairly good in that regard. I have up to 7 email
addresses, and each one gets up to 1 GB of storage room.
So I have 7 GB on the various addresses, which can be linked to
from my main site address if needed.

So I have plenty enough room for the puny website I have,
and also enough room that I can store all my images, videos,
etc, on my own server, without having to use the various photo
storage sites, etc. But I've gone to youtube for most of my
videos as they are usually HD now and take a good bit of room.
Most are videos of artificial aircraft I work on and fly..

As an example.. I posted this to another forum last night,
and it's stored on my own server.
A tree rat I took a picture of at the dirt patch last week..
http://home.comcast.net/~disk200/trickrtreat.jpg

But I realize many ISP's are kind of skimpy on storage room.
When I was with WT.met, I think I only got 5 MB at that time,
which was fairly puny. I don't know if they are still around
now, or what they offer now if they are.
I stick with cable as far as internet, because as far as speed,
they smoke all other options in this town. You pay for it,
but it's pretty speedy.