Old November 7th 14, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Write Off

wrote in news:68feb55d-6886-41af-981f-
:

A tree rat I took a picture of at the dirt patch last week..
http://home.comcast.net/~disk200/trickrtreat.jpg

Nice. We call them squirrels here, assuming it's the same species. Red ones
are rare, but populations slowly reviving fron Scotland back into England.
Maybe some in north Wales too.

Your own server... as in at home, direct;y accessed via the web? I could do
that, if an ISP allows it. Main need isn't the larger, slower kind I used to
use and get with Blueyonder, a tiny but fast one is better. My programs will
be extremely small for what they do. Native Instruments FM7 was about 16MB at
least, mine will be 100K max, maybe less UPX'd, small size will save me money
in bandwidth if it gets popular, because I'll aim for low cost to get more
buyers. I'm considering a script to patch each copy with a unique pattern but
that might be pointless, better reserved for a later more elaborate version
that costs more and likely attracts less people.

Skimpy storage would be ok for me though, if I can have it fast and so I
never have to worry about it being available if my own stuff isn't working. I
did look at web hosts some time last year, but they all seem to offer
bewildering scripting options. Too many parts to go wrong, too many things to
be hacked by people who know lots more than me. I can write good code, but
I'd rather rip all that extra stuff out, so I'd need a host that lets me do
that.