Old November 7th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Write Off

On Friday, November 7, 2014 4:26:42 PM UTC-6, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
wrote in news:68feb55d-6886-41af-981f-
:

A tree rat I took a picture of at the dirt patch last week..
http://home.comcast.net/~disk200/trickrtreat.jpg

Nice. We call them squirrels here, assuming it's the same species. Red ones
are rare, but populations slowly reviving fron Scotland back into England.
Maybe some in north Wales too.

They call them squirrels here too, but being as I'm a petulant troublemaker..
:/

Your own server... as in at home, direct;y accessed via the web? I could do
that, if an ISP allows it.

Nope. It's their server which I directly access via the web. "ftp" actually..
I have the hard drive room to be my own server, but not sure how I would
be able to rig it to be ftp or web accessed. It could probably be done,
but no point with what I have at Comcast.
I'm running 5 large drives in this box at the moment.. I think 7-8 TB
or so.. Some of that is for backup of other drives content in case
a drive goes kaput. I don't use any cloud backup schemes.
Even with 7-8 TB worth of drives, I only have about 110 GB free at the moment.
And I have other drives which are loaded up, but I don't use any more due
to them being small drives compared to today's standards.