Old August 14th 03, 02:25 AM
Martin Brossman

Default Looking for other owners of RadioShack HTX-420 dual band radio

I am an excited newbee to Ham! And…

I just bought a RadioShack HTX-420 and am studying to get my Tech
license but am concerned that maybe I have a new defective unit. I am
hoping to find someone else who owns the RadioShack HTX-420 to ask a
question or two here (or respond off line).

Here is the problem, sometimes when I press SC to auto-scan stations
the decimal point blinks but it does not scan, other times it seems to
work fine. But the button always makes a beep noise like it is making
good contact.

Thanks in advance!
Martin