Old November 8th 14, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Write Off

rickman wrote in :

On 11/8/2014 11:56 AM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

And does that make it ok to ridicule and berate him?

Yes.

This is only Usenet, nobody dies.

Oh, well if that is your threshold of action then nothing you describe
below needs to be considered.

I'll back rickman on this. Whatever happened to the doctor's rule? "First, do
no harm". Just because Gareth does wrong, returning the 'favour' doesn't make
anyone right. The best way to end a fight is usually to stop fighting, and
trying that is the only sure way to know if that alone is enough. If people
are invulnrerable to him, then that should be enough.

One thing I've wondered about is how he even gets to know so much about
anyone, to go on to send notices to their workplaces insinuating paedophilia
and such. There are clearly parts to that story that I missed! And
incidentally it's one reason I asked about Usenet hosts in a context of them
aiding privacy. It seems to me that if Gareth or anyone else is truly
malicious in action against anyone he thinks has slighted him, it may help to
use a host that doesn't casually drop your real IP into the headers, or any
other detailed identifying info you do not elect to include yourself.