Old November 9th 14, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Write Off

Mike Tomlinson wrote in
news
He simply googled my name. I'm listed in the staff list on my
employer's website. He was well out of order trying to involve my
employer in the matter as I post using my name using my personal email
address from my own personal account, not on behalf of my employer or
using may of my employer's facilities. That's the sort of nasty piece
of work he is.

I agree, it;s out of order unless he can substantiate a claim against you,
and wanting to get back at you for a disagreement is not enough. I mentioned
already having fallen out with a neighbour ina similar irrational situation.
The rift is healed, but I already had difficulty with trust (was one of the
weakness he tried to exploit at the time). That, combined with my later
lerning of computers, and the advice to use a 'handle' and not a real name,
was advice I took so much to heart than I still use a handle to this day. But
I always conduct online affairs as if in real life. The way I see it, there
are real people behine all those keyboards, and it's not my business to hurt
them just because I feel safer than if I was in front of them, and not my
keyboard. Anyway, the converse is also true, given that letting a conflict
go, after drawing a line whose crossing I would not accept, then standing
well back from that same line and going about my business as best I could,
worked. In real life. So I think it can work online too.