Old November 9th 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Write Off

On 11/9/2014 11:57 AM, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
rickman wrote in :

If you have a question about the exact nature of the trademark, go to
the USPTO and see who has a trademark on DX7. They have a search on
their web site. Not as easy to use as google, but it does work. Yamaha
has no more claim to the trademark than what is registered.

I did a quick search and found nothing. I did get hits on RX7 though,
so I was using it correctly. Looks like DX7 is not trademarked in the
US at least. You'll have to figure out how to do the search in the EU.

I'll give it a go. I did look at some trademark searcher recently (probaly
not a very good one), ans also drew blanks on 'DX7' possibly due to
miunderstanding how to find it. Thing is, suppose Yamaha take exception? It
may not cut much ice with them if I say I did an online trademark search
instead of asking them personally. Even if they never reply, I have a
written record of having asked.

If they have not registered the trademark in the US they can't complain
in the US that you are violating anything. You can also search on
Yamaha and it will show all trademarks they own. But I'm sure they
don't have a trademark on DX7.

--

Rick