Old November 10th 14, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Write Off

On 11/10/2014 4:18 AM, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote in news:m3orvu$d93$1@dont-
email.me:

In the United States, it is called "First Inventor to File". You can
find more information at
http://www.uspto.gov/aia_implementat...t_inventor.jsp.

The main thing I need to know now is: can nothing but a full patent protect
my own work from being effectively satolen from the instant I put it in the
public domain, leaving me with absolutely no right to distribute or profit
from it in any way at all?

If that IS so, then the patent system is violently in need of serious reform,
but as far as I'm concerned it basically means one thing: I shall never
release my work. If the workd will not share it, it will die with me. End of
discussion.

Basically, that's it. Even if you create something, if I file for a
patent first, I get the patent.

Yes, the U.S. patent system is totally screwed up, and has been for
years (some would even say decades).

--
Remove the "x" from my email address