Old November 10th 14, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Write Off

Jerry Stuckle wrote in news:m3qe13$n1r$1@dont-
email.me:

Basically, that's it. Even if you create something, if I file for a
patent first, I get the patent.

Yes, the U.S. patent system is totally screwed up, and has been for
years (some would even say decades).

What that means a hothouse. A rainforest. Each new form only able to survicve
in an exclusive location. A multiltude of privately held creations surviving
mainly because no-one else knows they are there. The law of the jungle. Earth
to Earth, dust to dust, even before death. No wonder the 'western world' is
tanked. It's stifling its own growth and probably deserves to die. China will
win, so long as it can continue to innovate. After all, it has done so for
thousands of years longer than the US, the UK, and pretty much anywhere. It's
communist historyu is a small abberation on that scale.

Maybe the only hope of doing anythign other than returning to a mediaeval
model here, is to live somewhere that has the power and disregard of
'Western' patents as China does, combined with the ability to defend itself.
I'll settle for e the mediaeval model, as UK life and morals and social
standards and political structure is headed back there anyway. Go with the
flow, says I.