Old November 10th 14, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default Write Off

(David Platt) wrote in news:u2g7jb-
:

Frankly, patents don't seem to be a good protection for the small
innovator. Not only are they expensive and troublesome to get, but
the cost of enforcing them still falls on your shoulders... big
companies may (and often do) ignore them, use the idea, and figure
that the cost of prosecuting a patent infringement is beyond the means
of a small inventor.

Agreed. I do not think the system will reform. The world will tire of waiting
and make a new way. Given the way software licensing goes, this is already
hapenning. I think the main difference is those who want protection from the
world must either hide very well, or have a great deal of power, and be
effectively invincible already.

Fortunately, though the majority of wealth is owned by about 20 families, if
those families wiped out the rest of humanity, they'd die themselves within
weeks if they didn't learn to hunt berries in wild bushes. Self-preservation
is amazing, but I won't wait around for a philanthropist.

I'll settle for something that lets me go about my business without being
eaten while trying, same as most other animal.