Old November 11th 14, 09:02 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.config,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spike[_3_] Spike[_3_] is offline

Default PING Mike Tomlinson Write Off

On 10/11/14 13:50, Brian Howie wrote:

I don't know why some of you just can't lighten up.

You're dealing with deep psychological motivations here, which aren't
amenable to reasoned argument. People just won't 'lighten up' because
someone asks them to, and some conditions are untreatable, like
sociopathy, which is why prisons are full of repeat offenders. Usenet
hasn't been formulated to deal with issues like this, as events in ukra
an unnc have shown.

As far as the RFD is concerned, look at those who have time on their
hands, for example - you'd think they'd have better things to do than
spend so much time and energy in such a negative way, even while on
holiday or living abroad. But when it came to a deeply technical
discussion about HF receiver performance, their contributions lacked
technical substance even where they joined in. It was a total
condemnation of the "if only we had a moderated group in which to
discuss technical items" approach to the RFD, and show the
confabulations that have been put forward as 'support' - which is, of
course, another area where numbers are lacking.

--
Spike

"Hard cases, it has frequently been observed, are apt to introduce bad
law". Judge Rolfe