Old November 12th 14, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Steve and Larry.

On 2014-11-11 10:11:38 +0000, Drifter said:

Hi guys. It's Veteran's day again. Time
fly's so fast for me anymore. So, "Happy-
Veteran's-Day". May we all see many more.
And, as the kids today like to say, "Thanks
for your service". I get the feeling, people
say this because we went, and they didn't
have too. What say you all?

Drifter...

(Mike)...

It's also an acknowledgement that many folks went without a choice, to
fight a war designed by crazy policy masters like Henry Kissinger. A
war that was lost and might had been unwinnable from the start. Nobody
should have to go halfway around the world to fight some war, especialy
one as hare-brained as Nam.

I also say it to the folks my age and younger who served in Iraq and
Afghanistan. Turns out we lost Iraq as ISIL (AKA the Free Syrian Army
once they drive onver to Iraq) has practically taken the whole place
over already. Afghanistan seems poised to be next.

Some people say, The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Flying Three Missions on D Day. www.supertalk.fm