Old November 14th 14, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default It is a truism

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:13:02 PM UTC-6, Channel Jumper wrote:
But most people do not have access to tower that can get their dipole
antenna 100' off the ground for 75 meters!

I actually want my 80 meter antennas to shoot straight up. I'm
working NVIS paths 98 percent of the time. Only the DX'ers need
a high dipole. Or a good vertical, which generally is better.

When I become a O&O - the first thing I am going to do is send each and
every one of those people a pink slip and have them explain why they use
more power than necessary.

Knock yourself out. You will only succeed in looking like a jackass,
and the FCC could care less as long as they don't exceed the legal
limit or cause splatter due to an underloaded amp, etc.