Old November 14th 14, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default It is a truism

"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
On 11/14/2014 12:34 PM, wrote:

You ignore the fact this is an idealized environment. That is NEVER the
case in a real installation.

I have WAS on 75 SSB (from Iowa) with an inverted Vee. The top was only
50' in the air. And late at night in the wintertime I had pretty solid
communications over much of the continental U.S. (back in the late 70's
and early 80's).

Antennas NEVER work "as predicted" - and anyone who claims they do does
not understand antenna operation.

Antennas 'always' work as predicted. People just don't always factor in
everything in the prediction. Just as I worked a station on 432 MHz with 25
watts to a 1/4 wave ground plane that was about 1000 miles away. Nice bit
of tropo that day.

I bet I could put up a g5rv at 30 feet on some rare country and get loads of
5/9 signals no mater how many times the calls had to be repeatd.

---