Old November 15th 14, 10:47 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
gareth gareth is offline

Default The self-respecting radio amateur?

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
At least we have an explanation for his chronic lack of productivity.
Presumably
he checks his computer to a similar level, including every byte of the
BIOS, OS, and any
other software he plans to use. He would need to do this every day, using
his rather silly
approach, lest a byte has changed. Ludicrous.
I can't imagine many companies being very understanding of a low grade
employee who fails to
produce any work himself but constantly claims to be checking the work of
others etc.
Suddenly is all explained, vapour ware projects, employment issues, .....

Once again, Brian, M3OSN, OM, it is you who originates the personal
abuse that you try to lay at my door, for the thread was not started as such
a vehicle
for me (although you think it to be so for you?)

There are no computers or software in my shack, BTW.

Who said anything about doing it every day? Not I. But perhaps once again it
is you briefly scanning and then jumping to the wrong conclusion?

The purpose of the thread was to suggest that amateur radio is dying on its
feet
and that the radio amateurs of today are little different from CBers, in
that
they buy everything off the shelf, do not understand its innards, and even
send
equipment back to the emporia if ever needing repair.